Sunday 23 March 2014

Leeds and films and shopping, oh my!

This weekend I was definitely in need of a break! So I decided to head up to Leeds to visit my best friend (more like brother who isn't actually of blood relation) so we could hang out and have a proper catch up since I hadn't seen him for a few weeks. Arriving in the pouring rain, we decided food and a trip to the cinema would probably be a more enjoyable option than going out and drinking too much and being miserable because of the rain!

First stop was Nandos. Ryan works in Nandos so practically lives off the food there, but since he hadn't eaten it for a whole (!!!) month, we decided we'd eat there. I always forget how good it is! I ordered a medium spice chicken pitta with peri-peri salted chips and coleslaw and daaaaaaarn it was good.

Next up, we headed upstairs to the cinema. Both of us are real cinema lovers and hadn't been in a while so we were probably a little too excited. Ryan was more keen on going to see Non-Stop, but I really didn't fancy it and since I had been desperate to see The Book Thief since I heard they were making it into a film, we decided (or rather, I pleaded and he agreed) to go and see that instead. I can't even express how much I loved it. 

I've been waiting and waiting for a film to affect me in the same way that Atonement, one of my absolute favourite books/films, did and this film did just that. I fell so in love with Leisel and Rudy, with Max and with Hans and Rosa and teamed with beautiful cinematography and a wonderful story, this film has shot straight into my favourites. I would 100% recommend it to anyone who hasn't had the chance to see it yet.

After the film finished we headed back and, being the gentleman he is, Ryan let me hog the bed whilst he slept on the floor, and we ended up talking for a good 4/5 hours in the dark about everything and nothing before falling asleep.

The next day, we decided we'd head into town and have a proper look round as last time I visited it was Christmas and too busy to do anything! I wasn't looking to buy anything but as soon as I found this dress in River Island I couldn't not buy it, I think I'm in love!

It just needs to be summery and hot now as I have so many summer dresses that I am absolutely dyyyying to wear! I also saw a beautiful skirt/blouse combination in New Look but sadly they didn't have my size in either, so I've promised myself that if I get all my work done early this week, I'll order them online and treat myself as a reward!

After walking our feet off and having a drink in the university's union bar, we headed back for an evening of crappy wonderful food and Saturday night tv. An early night was in order so we could get up and get me to the train station to catch my train this morning.

This weekend has absolutely been what I needed to rejuvenate and recharge my batteries before a week of pretty hefty essay writing!

I hope you've have a wonderful weekend too! 
All my love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment